A-LIFE | FASTING-MIMICKING PROGRAM
5-day program with meals, workouts and wellness events
A-LIFE is a 5-day program inspired by the fasting-mimicking diet created by Dr. Valter Longo who has dedicated years of research to achieving longevity, slow ageing, reducing disease, and weight management through plant-based and whole food nutrition. You can read more about it in his book “The Longevity Diet” which we highly recommend. Listen the Doctor’s Kitchen podcast with Professor Valter Longo where he talks more about the longevity diet, fasting and the fasting-mimicking diet. You can also read more about Fasting-Mimicking in this blog post we recently published.
EATbyalex created this program using the concept of fasting-mimicking which puts your body into a fasting mode while still providing the right nutrients and supplements to your body. The restricted calorie diet makes your body think you are fasting and therefore reset and cleanse.
The package includes all your meals as well as vitamin and mineral supplements for 5 days. All the meals will be delivered once for the whole week on Saturday evening for a start on Sunday or on Monday morning for a start on Monday. The program includes all your meals and workouts for day 1 to day 5. Day 6 and 7 should remain super healthy days where you slowly increase the calorie intake with plant-based and whole food meals. We have created EASE-IN & EASE-OUT for your transition days.
Plant-based (vegan), 100% organic and natural soups, bars, shots, snacks, teas, and supplements that will cover:
- 5 breakfasts | granola bars
- 5 lunches | soups & snacks
- 5 dinners | soups & snacks
- in-between meal snacks
- vitamin & mineral supplements
All our meals are refined sugar free and dairy free and we only use ingredients which are gluten free.
A-LIFE NUTRITION FACTS
Day 1 | 1’100 whole food calories
Day 2 – 5 | 700-800 whole food calories
A-LIFE TRANSITION PERIOD
The 2 days before and after A-LIFE can completely transform your fasting-mimicking experience. They will provide the preparation period before you start A-LIFE and allow you to smoothly transition back after you complete the program.
You will have access to on-demand workouts & wellness videos from our partners that you can access anytime during your A-LIFE week:
- Ryan Farrelly from Studio 14 (EN)
- Sarah Malär from Yoga Trapeze Zurich (EN)
- Nicole Niederer from Physio + Training Niederer (DE)
- Jen Lawrence Dale Soundful Breathing (EN)
LIVE WELLNESS EVENTS
Additionally, during our official days, you will also be able to join online yoga classes and other special events. Final details will be communicated via WhatsApp during the program.
Yoga with Sarah from Yoga Trapeze Zurich
- Monday Morning Flow Yoga | 6.45 – 7:45
- Tuesday Evening Yin Yoga Class | 20:15 – 21:30
- Wednesday Lunch Flow Yoga Class | 12:15 – 13:15
- Thursday Morning Flow Yoga | 6.45 – 7:45
Workshop YOUR HEALTHY BALANCE ROADMAP with Michèle from BeWell by Michèle | Tuesday 19:00 – 20:00
CHF 375 | inclusive of one delivery with two bags
STARTING DATES IN 2022 | GUIDED A-LIFE
- Start on Saturday 17th or Sunday 18th September | Delivered on Friday evening between 16:00 and 19:00 in the cantons of Zurich, Zug & Schwyz. Delivered on Saturday by 9:00 for any other regions in Switzerland.
- Start on Monday 19th September | Delivered on Monday morning between 6:00 and 9:30 in the cantons of Zurich, Zug & Schwyz. Delivered on Monday by 9:00 for any other regions in Switzerland.
… OR PICK YOUR PREFERRED START | A-LIFE ON-DEMAND
- Start on your preferred date | add your date in the comment section while ordering
You can now start on your desired date! We have created a special on-demand package where the soups and the shots are frozen. Everything else will be delivered fresh. Please don’t forget to communicate your desired starting date in your booking. It can only shipped on Monday to Friday.
BEFORE YOUR START
We suggest eating healthy and nutritious food, and reducing caffeine consumption prior to starting your fasting-mimicking program to make it easier for you during the program. For lasting results after the program, we highly recommend consuming a whole food and plant-based diet. You can find very delicious and easy recipes on our blog.
HOW OFTEN CAN I DO IT?
As long as you feel good, one week every 6 to 12 weeks if you are healthy with a normal weight and if you are regularly exercising. You also can do it more regularly but you should consult a nutritionist or doctor.
WHO CAN TAKE PART
- People aged between 18 and 60 years old
- Normal weight (BMI between 18.5 and 25)
- Feeling strong in your body
- Not sick – even a mild flu
- Not taking any medication
- Consult and seek approval from your doctor or nutritionist before signing up
WHO CANNOT TAKE PART
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular, autoimmune, or neurodegenerative diseases – please seek advice, permission, and approval from your doctor
- Underweight (BMI under 18.5)
- Liver or kidney diseases
- Taking medication
- Feeling weak
- You are sick
- Low blood pressure or hypertension
- Athletes during training or competition
- Allergic to any plants, nuts, seeds, or grains
- History of eating disorders or disordered eating
TERMS & CONDITIONS
We can only accept cancellations 5 Zurich business days prior to your scheduled start .
We do not accept any allergies but the program is vegan, gluten free and processed sugar free. All the meals are ready-to-eat and you only need to heat them up.
Even if we provide you with general information about health and nutrition, this information is not equivalent to medical advice and is not designed to meet your specific personal requirements. This information does not claim to be complete or correct and in no case replaces medical or pharmaceutical advice from a physician. No liability is assumed for damages of any kind arising directly or indirectly from the application or use of the information. Please read all product supplements and dosage recommendations carefully and consult your doctor or specialist if you have any questions about their use and mode of action.