HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT LUNCH BOWL
We create a lunch bowl at Eat by Alex every single day, and are always creating new recipes to provide diversity and seasonality! So, we are claiming ourselves as the experts on how to make the perfect lunch bowl and are here to share the super easy steps.
- You need a base! We use whole grains such as rice, buckwheat, oats, quinoa, barley, rye. These whole grains are a great source of fibre and carbohydrates.
- Some leafy greens! Such as kale, lettuce, spinach, or arugula. These leafy greens will provide fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
- Add some veggies. Make them how you’d like - roasted, steamed, pan fried, or raw.
- Next, a protein source. Such as soybeans (tofu, tempeh), green beans, chickpeas, or lentils!
- Add some fruit such as oranges, berries, grapefruit, apricots, peaches, grapes, or pears for a boost of fibre, vitamins, and minerals. You can even roast them in the oven first.
- Don’t forget a yummy dressing! We love adding tahini to ours.
- Top it off with some nuts or seeds. Such as sesame, flaxseeds, chia, almonds, cashews, or walnuts. Nuts and seeds are an amazing source of fibre, proteins, fats and omegas.
Enjoy fueling your body with a super nourishing meal!
Want us to do it for you? Order a meal plan here.